Friday 30 April 2010

Bruce Forman Trio - Bootleg Vol.1 Dedication (2006)


01.Dedication
02.Easy To Remember
03.Caribe
04.Mobile One
05.Sweet And Lovely
06.Visitation
07.Carousel
08.Cheryl.


Bruce Forman, guitar
John Wiitala, bass
Vince Lateano, drums.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This disc is a culmination of a concept that I've been working on for years. It is compilation of tunes-both original and reworked standards-that exemplify some of the qualities of the great masters who have had a profound effect on me and have guided my path throughout my years of playing. Because these artists had so much to offer, in so many ways, I found myself zeroing in on a particular aspect of their style and then added my signature to the mix. In many cases-even in the context of an original by that artist-I may have made changes that I felt best suited my style, that of the band, and strengthened what I wanted to bring forth in our evocation and respect of that person's artistry. I hope that through our efforts you will gain a greater understanding and appreciation of these talented American originals and that you enjoy listening to this as much as we enjoyed playing it.
Bruce Forman Web

Perrenial Monterey Jazz Festival favorite Bruce Forman is a musician who deserves to be heard by a much wider audience. A powerfully inventive guitarist, who conducts an awe-inspiring amount of jazz classes, he's obliquely influenced by Wes Montgomery with his own tone and technique.
Truthfully I have only heard one song from this CD, the title track "Dedication", which has a vague similarity to the old warhorse "Raincheck". I heard it on my cable TV's "Music Choice" jazz channel and it stopped me in my tracks. And it is WONDERFUL!!! I can't say enough for this guitarist and this performance has placed this CD on my Amazon.com Wish List of things that I'm giving myself for Christmas. Check out Bruce, he's a great guitarist. Five Stars for "Dedication"!.
www.amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment